Friday, August 10, 2012

One talented stitcher!

Have you ever met someone that is just really good at what they do?  I mean really good.  That sort of person that makes you say, "how do you do that?" every time you see what they are working on.  Most of us usually know at least one person like that.  They make it look easy when you know for a fact that what they do takes a level of skill only gained by years and years of experience. 

Over the last few months I have had the pleasure to come to know someone like that.  She is an extraordinary stitcher and her work ranks up there with some of the best I have seen and I have seen a lot!  What is even more extraordinary than her stitching skills is the fact that she is only 12 years old!  That's right, 12 years old.  I have a hard time wrapping my brain around that one too.  But even at 12 years old, she already has years and years of experience.  Four years, to be exact.  You see, she has been cross stitching since the ripe old age of 8.

This gifted little stitcher's name is Annie and she has been sharing photos of her completed Sewingseed projects with me for a few months now.  Her latest is my hummingbird design:




Such a cutie, right?  Here is a closer look at her work:


Just beautiful!  She learned how to wrap the hoop by reading a how to post on the little lovelies blog.  She loves to give her creations as gifts and I'm sure that everyone she gives them to just adores them!  I know I would!

She also shared with me some interesting things about her.  It was her mother who taught her how to cross stitch and her first project was a gift she made for her grandparents.  The thing she loves most about cross stitching is seeing the progress she's making, which happens to be my favorite thing too! She loves to read, crochet, make things, write letters, and spend time with younger children and babies. I will add that she is also very polite and such a pleasure to talk to!

Here are some of the other projects she has completed, which you may recognize as her entries in my monthly pattern giveaway contests:




I am excited to say that Annie's work will be a regular fixture on my blog, so come back and see what she is working on next time.  I am really looking forward to it!  Thank you, Annie!


Do you know a talented young stitcher that deserves some recognition?  Share their story with me!  I would love to hear about it.

5 comments:

  1. What gorgeous work! Well done Annie. I was a diehard cross stitcher at 12 as well, I loved it so much and used to dream about what colours of DMC floss I'd buy if I had enough money. And thank you so much for the link on wrapping the frames - I must try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I wish I would have learned at a young age like both of you!

      and you are welcome for the link. Allison has some great craft ideas on her blog!

      Delete
  2. Love all your projects, Annie! Especially the pillow you made for little Caroline. It sits in her crib, as you know. Looking forward to seeing all of the projects you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a special gift that must be! I am so glad to have gotten to know Annie. It is always so fun seeing her projects!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful!!! It makes me so happy to see young girls into stitching! I started when I was around 12/13, and haven't stopped since. I recently taught one of my friends to stitch, and now she has the stitching bug and loves it! Hooray for Annie! ^_^

    ReplyDelete