Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My mission: more than a pattern

I have hit a milestone of sorts...100 patterns in my shop now.  I have stitched every one myself and some even more than once, twice or even three times.  I have so many designs swirling around in my mind that sometimes I wish I could stitch faster.  But, I decided many years ago at the beginning of this adventure that I would enjoy the handiwork of it all.  That is what is most important after all, the handiwork.  So that means countless hours (and I do mean countless) of stitching and sometimes starting over.  I cannot in good conscience instruct others on something that I have not experienced myself.  So to me, it is not about creating a pattern for the sake of doing so.  If that were the case, I would have thousands by now.  It is about igniting an interest in a craft that has been underappreciated for far too long.  That is my mission.

1 comment:

  1. Wowza, that's a fantastic effort! Congratulations on a super effort and you succeeded in sparking an interest in cross stitch with your sweet patterns for me:)
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete